Sunday, October 23, 2011

Yellowstone!

So far we have not been mauled to death by bears! Score! Katherine is still in high alert, although she is going to allow sleeping in the tent tonight (last night I made Sean sleep in the car, which was cramped to say the least).

This morning we left yellowstone to find showers and ended up paying $5 a piece for ten minute showers at a laundromat. Who knew?! At least we are clean for the first time in 3 days!

Yellowstone is awesome! We went to see old faithful erupt and then explored the rest of the geyser region. Saw some truly amazing things. This place does not seem like it is real at times.

We've also encountered/made-friends-with a ton of buffalo. They are all over the place! At one point we got back to our car and a huge herd was milling about the parking lot. It was pretty crazy. Other than buffalo we've only really seen elk. They are pretty cool too, don't get me wrong (a female wandered right up to me while I was doing dishes in our campsite last night), but Sean really wants to see some bears. I really don't want to until we are safely in our car and on the way out of here!

Anyway, here are some pictures of what we saw today and yesterday in yellowstone. I think Sean took about 250+ today on his camera, so again stay tuned for another album in the near(ish) future!

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment